Well, hello there!!! Long time no see 🙂
You may not have noticed but I have been gone from my blog for a while. I am so glad to be back, and I am hoping to post with much more consistency. Family, work, volunteer commitments, sports, etc. have all taken a front seat to this poor neglected little blog.
I considered shutting it down. Many times, actually – but I know God has a plan for me and this little blog. Not sure what it is exactly, but I have come to terms with the fact that the reason may not be something I know for a long time – if ever. As long as the Spirit leads, I will keep it going.
You are welcome to visit my About Page to learn more about me – or check out my Authors Page on Catholics Online but I thought it might be fun to post a quick little intro like I did on Instagram a while back.
And…why, yes…you CAN follow me on Instagram. Just click the link below.
Now let’s get to it.
My name is Christie. I am a Catholic mom and wife. I am also a freelance writer and digital marketer. I specialize in the fine jewelry and funeral niches. Strange combo I know, but I love writing for both – as well as other industries
I am also, a reluctant blogger. I say reluctant blogger because I rarely do it even though I really would like to write more often. I write all the time for clients and in my own journals, but putting my thoughts and words out on my blog makes me a little uncomfortable – even if I do know that this is something God is calling me to do.
I know what you are probably thinking,
“The world offers you comfort, but you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness!” – Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
What keeps me from writing?
Straight up F-E-A-R! But as the Zach Williams’ song says, “Fear is a Liar!”
So, now I am just going to be brave and put it out there. After all, even if I am just putting out plain old barrels of water… I know that if Jesus wants to make wine out of it, He will!
Just for fun, below are a few random facts, so you can get to know me a little better. Feel free to stop and introduce yourself in the comments below. I would love to hear from you – and if you have a blog drop your link 🙂
Ready? Here we go!
- I have all boys and LOVE them with my whole heart.
- I have twins! I never imagined that I would be the mom of twins, but I have enjoyed it so much! Yes, it was a little crazy at first but such a humbling and amazing experience.
- My hubby and I have been married for 14 years and met at a wedding.
- I am a jewelry expert and I’m thinking about taking classes to become a jewelry appraiser.
- I usually have great and grand ideas about things — and don’t always follow through (so the appraiser thing probably won’t happen).
- I loathe the feel of 100% cotton balls. They are like nails on a chalkboard to me and I think hell might be filled with them. I cannot even remove them from a pill bottle. Thank goodness I have 4 strong and brave men at home to take care of it for me.
- I haven’t consumed alcohol in 22 years. Now if I could just break my sugar addiction, and get some exercise, I’d be doing well! Working on this though 🙂
- I am a cradle Catholic, who was a non-practicing Catholic for MANY years. My reversion was a slow work in progress, spread out over a long time, but really gained momentum when my husband went through RCIA. I (embarrassingly) realized how little I knew about the faith I professed – and I have had an unquenchable thirst when it comes to learning about Jesus, His Church, and Scripture ever since that time.
2 Comments Add yours
Welcome back Christie. I did notice and I missed your blog. Peace and blessings to you on your journey, whether blogging or momming!
Thank you, Tim! I don’t always comment but I always enjoy reading your reflections and poetry. Peace and blessings to you as well 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person